- Familiarize yourself with your electrical system.
- Test your smoke detectors and familiarize yourself with their sound.
- Put your street number, not your name, on your mailbox.
- When moving in, always secure household chemicals and flammables first.
- Come up with a plan and meeting spot if there were ever an emergency. Unfamiliar spaces can make an emergency situation go awry.
Sometimes the above tips go forgotten in the excitement of a new home, but with some thought, you will always be prepared!